Friday, January 23, 2009

Shelving Unit

I really wanted a shelving unit that you see in preschools for Brooke's room. I got a teachers catalog and they ran from $170-$280+. There was no way I could afford that. So, I told my self that I could build one and it wouldn't cost as much. I went to lowes got the material. Had it cut there but then found out I miss calculated on a measurement. I cut 5/8" off using my father-in-laws table saw.


This morning I screwed it all together. It is not perfect but it works, looks good and I made it for around $40. A lot less than what I would have paid for out of a catalog.

I haven't painted it. I don't know if I want to just stain it or paint it bright colors.


Brooke really does like her new shelves.

In her room before I put everything on it.
Right after I built it.
Another photo of it in her room before the toys and books were on it.


1 comments:

McCall said...

You go girl...I'm super impressed!

Signature